Wednesday, September 4, 2013

and that has made all the difference

I could not believe my luck, you were sitting next to me, your shoulders touched mine and your arms were cold as always. We did not talk, in fact there was no sound other than the chugging of the train and an occasional whistle.

As soon as the clock struck twelve, you wished me, with a peck on my cheek.Your mouth was cold.I had never expected anything like this from you, I often dreamt about it but never expected it to turn into reality.

I think you sensed it, you smiled and began to talk, you talked about life - philosophy came naturally to you. I remember just listening, I was too numb to even respond. Moreover you hardly spoke about such things, all you talked about was formula one races, sci-fi novels and your favorite DD's comedy show.

Your hand around my shoulders, my body touching yours, your fingers entwined with mine, I sure was dreaming. I wanted to soak in every second, every detail, every word. You said how life was not a bed of roses, how there's so much to be done and that there was no time for stupid things like love. I just listened.

There was, in fact, hardly any talking. I remember asking you if I could put my head in your lap, you obliged, you even stroked my cheeks and my hair with affection. I felt so complete.

Then you left - abruptly; as if running away from something - from giving in - from falling in love - from us.

That night, I learnt two important lessons ; one - if you really want something with all your heart, you will get it, no matter how; two - we were not meant to be together.

And that has made all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment